Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Thanks to friends...I have something to show!

Hi to all!  It's so hard for me to get posts done these daysIt' seems I am in a really busy phase in my life.  I can't complain...we all have our health, and life is good...it's just way too busy to do the things I want to do.  Can anyone relate?   I have some wonderful things to share with you.  First off...do you remember my Quaker sampler as one of my goals to finish this year?

Well, I was surprised by dear Edgar, who offered to stitch the final corner for me.  I am thrilled with the  motifs he chose, they fit the sampler perfectly.  This was stitched on Zweigart's Vintage Country Mocha linen, 32 counted with Vicky Clayton's Silk in Kodiak Fry, and Gentle Art's Brethren Blue.  Love it!  It is such a beautiful sampler, and I am grateful to all that stitched on it.  I am taking it to the framers next week!
I also have my progress to share on the Toy Chest Etui.  Thanks to Margaret, I have stayed motivated to stitch this.  I know I would have banished this to the bottom of the sewing drawer, a long time ago, if Margaret wasn't working on it with me.  All of the over one stitching is difficult, and for some reason, I have messed up on colors and counting a lot! 

Despite all the frustrations...it's nice to see all of the toys almost stitched.  It's a darling piece.  Having someone relate to your stresses, makes them a little easier somehow.  Thanks for hanging with me friend!

I managed to get this table runner sewn together, Finally!  I can't wait to put it out in June.  This is from the magazine American Patchwork and Quilting, and it's by Blackbird Designs.

I also finished up Bunny Hill's Vintage Christmas.   I changed some of the colors in the border to make it be more "red" than "pink".    Well...that's all I have time for today.  Thanks for all of your wonderful comments.  I appreciate your friendships, and sweet words of encouragement.  Until next time...Happy Sewing!

14 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow! Certainly a post full of project goodness! Your Quaker finish looks great - as do all of your other projects.

Jennifer said...

Yes Loraine I can certainly relate. It is great that we have our hobbies and can find the joy in them that we do and celebrate others accomplishments with their finishes on blogs. That was so sweet of Edgar to finish your project . It is beautiful. I have been trying to find at least half an hour a day to work on a Prairie Schooler i am trying to work on that I love. It really makes a difference when you can sit and stitch doesn't it . Or quilt or do other hobbies. My thing right now is that I have so many books I want to read too! We are fortunate we live in an age where we have so many choices , sometimes too many though. Happy Easter , Happy Spring. Love seeing all your projects!

Edgar said...

Still lovin' that sampler, thanks for letting me work a bit for you!! The runner is great and the quilt beautiful! The TC Etui is really coming along nicely!

Melissa said...

Gosh, you've been busy Loraine! Look at all the wonderful things!

That was really sweet of Edgar to help you finish the Quaker. Doesn't that make the sampler extra special?!

Margaret said...

Oh wow! I think you have things to show besides pieces due to friends! Gorgeous quilt! Love love love it! And the BBD wool piece -- sooooo pretty! Edgar was so sweet to finish that Quaker RR for you. It's a beauty! And the Toy Chest -- yes, we'll make it through somehow. lol! Looking good!

Cathy Lloyd said...

"Sew" fun Loraine! You are definitely on a roll with finishes! I really love that penny rug! Not to worry! You are way farther along on your Toys than I am. I haven't touched that piece since the retreat! Enjoy the busy time in your life!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Oh, Loraine! What beauties! I love your quaker sampler - the colors are just scrumptious!

Your table runner is fabulous and how perfect will it be for summer!

The etui with Margaret is really coming along. That is such a special set and will be such a beautiful addition to your collection when you're done.

Awesome quilt, too! You are one busy gal - yes, I can definitely relate!

Big hugs to you Sweet Loraine!

xoxo

valerie said...

That Quaker RR looks fabulous! So sweet of Edgar to stitch on it for you. And good for you for plugging along on your toy chest stitching. Great sewing projects too!

Katrina said...

So gorgeous!!!! Love all your finishes, the Quaker piece is so pretty. And too sweet of Edgar to work on it for you. Life can definitely get in the way but it's good your are busy and enjoying things :-).

Deb said...

Oh Loraine - such goodies. That is so great about Edgar stitching the finish! I love Quakers although I've never done any of them, but I especially love the color choices!

The table runner is fantastic, but I think that it's your quilt that really takes prize. I love it! I really need to live by you so that you can teach me how to applique!!!

I'm glad you and Margaret are making good progress on the Etui. It's going to be so pretty when everything is finished.

Hugs dear friend!!

Sherry :o) said...

Nice progress...aren't blogging buddies the best.

Robin said...

Loraine, beautiful projects! The Quaker sampler is gorgeous! BTW, I enjoy your blog so much, I passed a Liebster Award on to you!

Karoline said...

Beautiful finishes, congratulations

Michelle said...

Yay for Edgar finishing up your RR for you! It turned out fantastic. And I am loving your Bunny Hill quilt - gorgeous! You are making fantastic progress. And your previous post on cleaning out your craft closet inspired me. Guess what I did this weekend?!