Sunday, March 17, 2019

I need accountability!

Hello friends! 

 I’ve been absent from the blogging world for several years now. What happened to me?  Well, that’s a good question.  
The move we understook, also included designing and building a modern home, which does not look anything like my previous French Country home.  We literally sold most of the furniture, and minimized our work in the yard and house.    I’ve gotten rid of so much decor, that my stitching and quilting doesn’t really work in my house anymore.  Also, my personal growth, as a wife and mom, was challenged to the max, and it’s taken over 3 years to sort through life events.  I am a woke woman now, who meditates daily, tries to remain present, and is living with abundant joy and energy. 

I’ve eliminated a lot of stash, but I’ve recently felt a renewal to stitch. 

This is the only area of my home that looks anything like my old house. This chair belonged to my husbands grandmother, and I Iiked the modern lines, and couldn’t part with it.  So I draped a quilt from Kim Diehl, which was an exchange quilt I did several years, over the back, and brightened it with a new side table, which holds many fun projects, and books.  

New stitching area. 

I decided to focus my stitching on class pieces I’ve taken over the years.   This one is called “A Needleworker’s Sampler Huswif, and it’s by Ellen Chester

These are the ivory tools, made from recycled piano keys,  that go inside the huswif.
I am also working on another class project, called "The Toy Chest Etui", by Betsy Morgan.  This one is getting most of my attention, and I will post progress as I go.  

As my title states, I did better at projects when I had accountability, so I'm hoping that renewing this blog, will give me some motivation.  

See you next time!

No comments: