Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finished!

Spring Snapperville framed. I decided to wait until fall to frame the winter one, so I wouldn't have to store it.

I thought I would post progress on my goals for January. I did better than I thought I would! I think putting it down in print did help me get these done, so I will list new goals for February and see how I do.Bareroots Quilters Bag and scissor fob. I didn't follow the directions on this bag, so I ended up screwing it up, and then having to use some creativity to fix it. I love the way the handle turned out. I added grommets and a wider (red fabric) handle. Then I poked the fabric through the grommets and added a tie on the outside. I had extra quilted fabric so I made 2 pocket holders for rotary cutter and other odds and ends. I will use this a lot for quilt guild!
Yesterday I did the applique for the "Mama Said" quilt. I looked through several books before I decided on this heart border from "A Fresh Look at Seasonal Quilts", by Julie Popa. It is ready for the machine quilter. I wonder if she can put quilted hearts in the border in a pink or red to mimik the applique? This will have a green binding and will hopefully tie it all together.

Progress on Valentine hearts. I should have this finished and to the framers this week. After the basket was done stithcing, this got was a lot more fun to work on.

Still haven't worked on Cambry's skirt. I got my ruffler, and it didn't work on my machine, so I ended up having to send it back. I ordered another one from my local Bernina shop, and have no idea when it will be here. I hate waiting!

No comments: