Thursday, June 11, 2009
One more thing....
After my lengthy post this morning, I forgot to show you a finish that I did this week! It's my daughter's new pillowcase, that I bought in Pittsburgh last month. Her dinky pillow doesn't really fit in this case. The instructions are for Queen size pillows. I guess I'll have to buy her a new one when I go to the store.
This is a really fun, fast project that will give you instant gratification. Here are the instructions:
Main body - 3/4 yard fabric
Tiny Accent Border- 3" length of fabric
Border - 1/4 Yard
1. Fold 3" strip in half lengthwise and press "wrong" sides together.
2. For border: Fold in half lengthwise and press "wrong" sides together.
3. Main body is used just as is.
4. Layer and pin the different raw edges in order:
a. The long 44" edge of main body, right side up.
b. Raw edges of the mini accent
c. Raw edges of the border.
5. Sew through all five layers using 1/4" seam.
6. Zigzag seam edge, or use a serger for all of your seams.
7. Iron the seam toward the pillowcase.
8. Fold pillowcase right sides together, pin well, matching the seams of the tiny border. Sew with 1/4" seam.
9. Zigzag if not using a serger.
10. Turn right sides out and press.
Give it a try! It's fun to have new pillowcases! Hopefully that's it for today!